14 November 2008

A Possible Return To So Cal


The Loma Linda University Physician's Oath
Before God these things I do promise:
In the acceptance of my sacred calling,
I will dedicate my life to the furtherance of Jesus Christ's healing and teaching ministry.
I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due. I will impart to those who follow me, the knowledge and experience that I have gained.
The wholeness of my patient will be my first consideration.
Acting as a good steward of the resources of society and of the talents granted me, I will endeavor to reflect God's mercy and compassion by caring for the lonely, the poor, the suffering, and those who are dying.
I will maintain the utmost respect for human life. I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity. I will respect the rights and decision of my patients.
I will hold in confidence all secrets committed to my keeping in the practice of my calling.
I will lead my life and practice my art with purity, and honor; abstaining from immorality myself, I will not lead others into moral wrong doing.
May God's kingdom, His healing power and glory be experienced by those whom I serve, and may they be made known in my life, in proportion as I am faithful to this oath.

December 11th Casey will be interviewing with Loma Linda School of Medicine. Again, we give thanks to God for this opportunity, recognizing it as a privilege and not something we are entitled to. Please pray for Casey's spirit... for calmness, for encouragement, for peace. Please pray that the interviewer that Casey is matched with will have an open heart and mind, ready to hear and listen to Casey's eager heart.
Again, we thank you for joining us on this journey.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Congratulations, Casey and Chels, on the interview! Praying for you and thinking of you!

Love,
Brooke