30 September 2009

Please excuse the reverse order of these photos... I've just spent over an hour uploading them onto this blog otherwise I'd try and arrange them in chronological order... (I'm not the best with technology... shocker, I know)

These photos do not capture all of the moments we've experienced the last few months, however we hope they will give you a glimpse into our new world...

For starters, a look at our new apartment. (Ward residence number three since getting married.)


Casey's "study"/ guest bedroom (Can't guarantee a high comfort level of the futon, but at least we have a place to put guests! Hint, hint... we'll take guests whenever we can!)
Can you say 'books galore'? The top two shelves are dedicated to Casey's medical school books, and the ones pictured don't include the one's currently in his backpack, and on the floor around the house

I must confess I am jealous of this gray chair. It gets to spend more hours with my husband per day than I do. Comes with the territory, I guess...
In the middle of the apartment photos, I know... Again, too lazy right now to rearrange!
The trio reunites, finally! After almost two months of living in Cali, I finally get to see my dear friends, Miguel and Christie... It is so good to be by you again, my friends!

The thing about living in California is that one gets to experience sunshine on a daily basis... With this comes the opportunity to use a clothes line instead of a dryer. Not only do I save 50 cents per load of laundry, but my patio gets to smell like laundry detergent as the clothes dry! We did have to compromise a bit, however, as Casey was not enjoying the scratchy feel of the line-dried towels... Now all towels are machine dried, as requested. :)


Look! Our plants are growing and not dying right away! I can't take credit, however, as Casey is the one that remembers to water them... I don't exactly have what one might call a "green thumb"








Our bedroom, both with a ceiling fan and an air conditioner!!!
Our one bathroom... very spacious!


The living room...



Kitchen






We gave Linus a hair cut to help him deal with the heat better...

Casey turned 28 on September 12th! My mom and dad flew in for the occasion, and Casey's brother drove out from Santa Barbara to celebrate! We had a party at our home with family and friends... We missed you Steph, pops, and Courtney! Next time...
Our friend Wayne...


Katie, Dana, Laura, and Brandon
Daddy-o!
He was awesome on the bbq... Thanks for all of your help, daddy!


Thank you mom and dad for coming down for Casey's party... how special you made him feel! And your help with the party was SO great! We loved having time with you...



Casey and the boys...

Happy birthday, old man!





Casey loves apple pie...

A day at Newport beach with Dana and Beth... two wonderful new friends of mine




Me, Beth, and Dana


Looking awesome after step class...
Beth, Laura, Dana, me, and Amy





Who would have thought that at this level of education professors would require assignments such as a scavenger hunt around campus? Hmmm... I must say, however, that I am grateful for whoever assigned this because I NEVER would have gotten Casey to go around campus and take photos of him at the beginning of med school! So yay for cheesy assignments! Here are some of the photos the boys took...

Casey, spicing up the photo

I didn't know Loma Linda was a country town...
I have to say, I love it when Casey wears his cowboy hat... you look hot, babe!















Casey and I zipped off to Newport beach for the day a few Saturdays ago... it's only an hour drive each way, and a much needed get away for both of us. (Especially myself, who has a slight obsession and craving for large bodies of water... not much of that in Loma Linda, you know)


Casey trying to read and me playing with the camera, being productive as usual.





Casey and Wayne hard at work...
Quick note on Wayne... some of my girl friends here asked me during the second week of school how long Casey and Wayne have been friends for. When I said that they just met when school started, they were all shocked. Casey and Wayne have totally hit it off, and they are already awesome friends. Wayne, you are an answer to prayer, I want you to know. Thank you Lord for this friendship...

Our first time meeting Wayne, at the White Coat Ceremony...

Katie is Wayne's lovely fiancee whom I worked with in Seattle... we adore her and can't wait for her to move out to this beautiful town we live in next year! (She lives in Hermosa Beach right now... four blocks away from the ocean, but I know she's jealous of our location...) ha!


How honored we felt to have our parents join us for Casey's ceremony... what a great way to begin this journey, surrounded by some of the people you love the most!


Since he was 10 years old Casey has been talking about being a doctor... and now here his parents are, with their son in a white coat... wow!
Praise be to God for this opportunity that we do not deserve, but rather we recognize as an extreme blessing... may we always treat this journey as such...
Casey and his classmates...

Getting his white coat placed on him by one of his professors
Mom, and you wonder why Lukey and I don't always have perfect smiles in photos... love you daddy-o!



Our wonderful mothers preparing dinner before the ceremony

Casey's official "First Day of School" photo! No, these photos do NOT stop after you graduate from high school!!!


Lukey spoiled us with a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant in Riverside... what a lovely date we had that night! Complete with calamari, and a margarita for yours truly!!! Thank you Lukey for your thoughtfulness and generousity...

Another quest for water... a day trip to Lake Gregory. It was great... we drove up above the smog line, and we were high enough in the mountains that it was actually green with pine trees! The lake was small, but a lake nonetheless. It was just fun to be away with my honey for a day... no books, just me and him.


Here is what I go through to get one good photo of the two of us... (The decent photo is the first one). Here is take one,



Take two,

and take three...


Yes I know I look gross and tired, but that was because I was gross and tired at the time. This photo marks our first ever dinner together in our new apartment :)


Oh, Seattle friends... oh how I miss you...
The girls put together an exquisite bbq at magnuson park for Casey and I before our departure. How loved you have always made us feel... you truly are so very missed...
Me and Shauna
Leann and Bennett


Last babysitting day with Bennett... miss you, baby boy!


Laurel's graduation party! Congratulations again, Laurel!!!


Karli and Zack's wedding... oh how happy we are for you two!


Another wedding shot...

One of the last times I saw Lindsey before she took off for Uganda... I love you, LFG!!! Miss you so...


Casey, my mom, and my possee at work suprised me on my last day at Children's... the tears did start to flow a tad... I can't tell you how special it is to work with your mom and your best friends!!! I pray that some day I can experience this again...

Oh how I miss you...

Thank you, mom and dad for a beautiful farwell party at your place... what a gift it was to have so many people that we care about and love in one place so that we can hug them all and say goodbye! Thank you for the memories...




Amber and her sweet babe Avery...


More photos from the bbq thrown by my sweet friends...
Avery's starting young...








You girls are so precious to me. Thank you for the gift of your friendships.

And for now I must be off... more to come soon. Hugs to all of our loved ones. Know that we are grateful for you in our lives, and that we think of you often. With much love, Chelsea (for Casey and I both :) )

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Love the photos... Miss you guys.