23 October 2008

Go Mustangs!


















Casey lead a fierce game today, Redmond Junior High versus Kirkland Junior High. The game went into double overtime, and his boys fought hard. I am ever proud of the way that he encourages his players, expects much, guides them, and diligently keeps track of who he plays when to ensure that each boy has a minimum of 4 plays. He is an excellent coach, and he makes me one proud coach's wife!
Football season has only one game left, and although Casey says that he is ready to move on to the next season sans football, I know he will miss his boys. He is a teacher, coach, and Young Life leader who intentionally does not park his relationships at the surface level. He knows his students, players, and Young Life kids personally and deeply and makes a huge impact in their lives largely because of this investment.
At home the leaves continue to turn beautiful shades of yellow, red, and orange. The weather has been crisp, and even somewhat warm compared to past Seattle autumns. I leave the house by 0620 on work days, and I walk to my car bundled in my coat and scarf, crunching leaves with each step. I can see my breath in front of me, and I am greeted by a 1992 Toyota Corolla, the ever faithful Floyd. Yes, summer is most certainly gone, and I fear we will soon enter winter. I need now to remember the motto of one of my nursing professors in college..."Embrace change." Simple, concise, and completely wise.
A prayer request if I may... for interviews. Casey has poured so much into his medical school applications, the primary, and many secondaries, (times 2 years) and now he waits. We wait. We are trying to be patient for interview offers. Please pray for our continued patience, and for interviews. Pray for his soul to be encouraged and his energy level sustained. Thank you.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

hi blogger! love you and miss you much! good to hear how casey is doing.. let me know more how you are doing! i will continue to keep praying for you both!

love you and miss you!
brooke