15 January 2009

Casey S. Ward, MD

This Halloween costume will soon become reality... last night we received a fantastic phone call from Loma Linda University where Casey was ACCEPTED INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL! After Casey hung up the phone we screamed like giddy children and ran around our condo like crazy people. An incredible adventure is before us... To my husband, my lover, my confidant, my best friend... congratulations to you. Your perseverance and faithfulness in pursuing this dream has been inspirational to witness. What a wonderful physician you will be. We give all praise, honor, and glory to our God, and continue to trust in Him for guidance and wisdom as we set out on this journey. A heartfelt thank you goes out to all of you... you who have lifted us up in prayer and encouraged us for so long while traveling on this path. We humbly give thanks.

We hope to move to Loma Linda in July, so may we suggest that you all begin shopping for airline tickets now so that we will have a steady stream of visitors lined up in anticipation of a little home sickness... (my hints are not so subtle).

Thank you again, for your support and faith in Casey's dreams. It means more than I can express. Love to you all...

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We are SOOO excited for you guys. Sam and I had the same response after Casey called. Praise God for His faithfulness in this journey. We love you guys and can't wait to come visit!

laurel

mamashines said...

Congrats to you!!!! Casey, you will be amazing. Chelsea, you are such a supportive wife. You guys have so many fun adventures in your future!
Love,
Liz

Samantha Jane said...

Chelsea! My mom mentioned you had a blog and so I googled you guys. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to Casey and to you! I wish you both all the best.

Love,
Sam

Brooke said...

Aaaahhhhhh! I'm jumping up and down for you! Praise God! Congratulations Casey and Chelsea! But nooo, I don't want you to move away from me!!! I'm selfish! So glad I'm coming home in May so I can spend time with you!

Gberger said...

Dear Chelsea,
I don't know if you remember us, but it's Katie Gerstenberger's mom here. I found your blog through Shauna's, and want to congratulate you and your husband on the good news. Our cousin is an internist who graduated from Loma Linda, and I loved that you posted the oath. It is beautiful and sacred. What a gift, to know that your physician feels that way about you & your care.
I think your dad works with my sister-in-law, Caroline Boren. Small world!
God bless you.